For our small but powerful science team, we are looking for a versatile scientist to lead a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment to manage Research & Development for multiple projects. Projects will span a variety of technologies and methods and the ideal candidate will have a multidisciplinary career. Desirable experience includes regenerative medicine, metabolic pathway synbio, gene editing, and cellular production at scale.
- Development of new projects, products and science strategy
- Project manage cell culture, fermentation and molecular biology projects.
- Working with CROs and contractors.
- Teach and mentor scientific project teams.
- Ph.D. in cell biology, developmental biology or a related discipline
- Track record of applying innovative genetic, molecular and cell biological techniques to the discovery and development of industrially relevant targets
- Effective communicator, highly motivated, organized, and team-oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a highly-collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment, and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Desirable: 4-7 years of experience working in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Desirable: Experience managing 3+ scientists
- Desirable: Experience working with multiple microbial hosts
Wild Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.