Wild Earth is a hyper growth D2C pet food company. We are disrupting the pet food industry and are looking for a Copywriter to join us! As a key contributor to the creative team, you are responsible for concepting, writing and proofreading Wild Earth’s branded marketing, packaging, product copy, and communication materials. You must be a storyteller at heart, able to narrate in as fewer words as possible to translate a message that is compelling and actionable within the brand voice.
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely with the product marketing team and our external agency partners in a self-directed, independent and proactive matter.
You will be the voice of our brand on all channels and will have the opportunity to have a big impact on our marketing. If you’re passionate about storytelling, pets and have an eagerness to learn and grow in a fast paced company, we’d love to meet you!
- Develop and write creative copy for projects including, but not limited to, website copy, emails & ecomm assets, PR kits, promotions, and other marketing materials.
- Work closely with Marketing and Growth, and cross-functional partners to lead concepts, drive clarity, and present creative solutions.
- Responsible for management of copy deadlines and assignments.
- Proof all copy to ensure accuracy of information and mechanics of writing, which includes punctuation, spelling, structure, and organization.
- Correct and revise copy until approved and maintain history of all copy revisions throughout entire project cycle.
- Update and maintain Copy Guide and Copy Glossaries with all new & approved copy.
- Must be able to prioritize while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must always adhere to quality and deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where innovation, creativity, a positive attitude, growth, passion, and fun are valued.
- Utilize a consistent, compelling, and brand-appropriate voice throughout all communications.
- Develop familiarity with pet products and industry trends in order to identify features and benefits and ensure copy is applicable and accurate.
- You are a self-starter, able to learn quickly and take initiative, and ever-evolving.
- Passionate about the written word with a sharp eye for spelling and grammar.
- Able to communicate succinctly with clarity and precision, especially under character restrictions.
- Open to collaborating with other departments and feedback from cross-functional teams.
- Deadline-oriented with strong project-management skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Resourceful in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Excited by the prospect of a company in high-growth mode that affords opportunities to both lead and be mentored.
- Curious and passionate about understanding trends in pet food, sustainability and beyond.
- BA in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 2-4 years copywriting experience
- Minimum of 2-4 of e-commerce experience
- Excellent command of the English language required.
- Must love dogs!!! :)
Wild Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.