Wild Earth is on a mission to eliminate animals from the food supply system. We believe that science and technology can be harnessed to create a better world, one with healthier foods, cruelty free products and less environmental impact. Our first product is the first high protein, cruelty free dog food on the market and sales have been growing over 50% a month since launch. We give pets the highest quality complete protein they deserve, with zero compromises.
We also run, in partnership with VegInvest, a food tech incubator, Wild Studios, which accelerates the development of an economy free from animal exploitation. Wild Studios works with early stage start-ups and partners with commercial stage companies, and creates, from the ground up, new brands and companies meant to fill “white spaces” in the animal-replacement landscape. Wild Studios focuses on a variety of approaches, including plant-based, recombinant and cell-based, and provides the scientific, operational, scaling, sales, marketing and commercialization capabilities that early stage and growth stage companies require.
As our first core hire into the finance department our new controller will play a critical role in helping us manage our finances as we continue to blitz scale.
CORE DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department including managing the bookkeeping and CPA teams (outsourced)
- Support equity fundraising through development of metrics, reports and financial forecasts
- Lead and negotiate debt financing, such as asset, inventory and leasehold improvements as needed
- Support the budget process and ensure we manage to plan and maintain a clear view on financial runway and monthly cash burn
- Oversee the accounting operations of Wild Earth and Wild Studios subsidiary businesses, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and accounting and human resources policies and procedures
- Supervise our bookkeeping team for preparation and issuance of timely financial statements and operating reports for management and financial institutions
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Communicate with each individual entities’ management to support operations
- Prepare schedules to assist CPAs with the preparation of income tax returns
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Enforce established and new company policies
- Safeguard assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing a system of internal controls
- Maintain strict confidentiality with financial and personnel information
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following, in addition to demonstrated Accounting experience and background:
- Passion for our mission
- Experience with Quickbooks online & Microsoft Office
- Must agree to a "hands-on" approach in performing the position duties
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and drive
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with the staff and employees to create a higher level of communication and collaboration
- Analyze problems and reach sound conclusions in an expedited manner to communicate to department staff, other team leaders, and ownership
- Must be able to multitask while simultaneously focusing on short-term and long-term objectives
Not required, but experience "pluses" include:
- Experience in biotechnology, startup incubator or CPG industries
Wild Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.