As a Bioinformatician at VOW, you'll be involved in understanding the underlying biology to make cultivated meat a reality. This includes analysis of mammalian genomes, epigenomes and transcriptomes. This role will provide opportunities to publish in top journals and present at international conferences. You will collaborate with scientists, chefs and designers to really see the impact of your work.
One day you’ll be working on annotating genomes, another you will be working alongside our chief scientist on experiment design. You will see immediate impact of your work, directly contributing to solving one of the largest challenges facing humanity: sustainably feeding the planet.
You will work directly with our Chief Scientific Officer and other members of our small but growing team to undertake high quality bioinformatics.
- Spend your days asking ‘why?’ and finding more efficient ways to make things happen.
- Help define our bioinformatic workflows.
- Presenting to the whole team and publishing in top journals and presenting at international conferences.
- Learn about cell biology, automation and alternative protein.
- Weekly 1:1’s and mentorship from exec team
- Working tirelessly to give you an incredible place to work and a team that feels more like a family.
- No legacy overhead: we’re giving you the freedom to help define the best approach to solving problems
- Room to grow and lead by joining as a first bioinformatician hire
- High-stakes work that matters to the team and the world. A mission for you to sink your skills and passion into.
- Above all you are mission aligned: you want to apply your skills in science to build a better food system. For some of us this is about animal welfare, for others it’s saving the environment or caring deeply about developing incredibly delicious foods - different perspectives, on the same mission
- You’re proactive and enjoy thinking about the big picture.
- You’re kind, curious and enjoy learning new things.
- You’re product focused. You think about the perspectives of end users even when it might not be expected of you.
- You care that you’re building something that solves a problem and helps end users.
Ultimately this role will be shaped around the right candidate, part-time, contract, full-time, intern. If you love the mission and want to work on some of the most exciting and impactful problems on the planet today we want to speak to you.
Final remark: we think it's important to have a diverse workforce, so please don't hesitate to apply if you think or look differently. We actually like that. Come as you are :)