Do you love to work at the frontier of emerging science and have a pioneer mindset? Are you constantly itching to try unique approaches to solving big problems? If yes, then read on.
Leather consumption has grown unsustainable. At VitroLabs, we’ve developed a new way, using stem cells, to grow real leather that lets us work in harmony with nature without killing animals.
We're looking for an inventive Media Development Specialist, ready to charge into uncharted territory as we reinvent how leather is made, how farm animals are treated, and how tissue-engineering is applied in the world.
- you are exceptionally innovative, relentlessly curious, and hungry to lay the groundwork for something brand new
- you’re eager to volunteer for new challenges and don’t have to be asked
- you have a solid understanding of cell culture media development (chemically defined/serum-free), and animal cell-line development, and are able to translate this information for the development of unique 3D tissue engineering products
- you love providing guidance to team members in cell-biology and believe that oftentimes two minds are better than one when problem-solving
- you're excited to work at the bench alongside other pioneering scientists
- you have built world-class teams to solve tough scientific and engineering problems
- you are great at translating and communicating data and conclusions to both scientific and non-technical audiences
- you are masterfully organized and effectively prioritize complex tasks
- a Ph.D. in Biology, Biotechnology or a related field or an advanced degree with an appropriate level of experience
- minimum of 5 years of post-graduate experience, ideally from industry personal or professional projects that align with the role
- authorization to work in U.S.
- a willingness and ability to work a flexible work schedule including early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends
You might also have:
- Experience working with stem cells (iPSC, ESC or MSC)
- Experience in dermal tissue engineering
- Experience in the use of Design of Experiments (DOE)
We offer great benefits, a competitive salary, and challenging, impactful work. Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world.