Shiok Meats is looking for a research scientist to work on stem cells. We hope that you’re as excited about cell-based crustaceans as we are and that you look forward to an independent and vibrant working environment with lots of room to grow. You will be an integral part of Shiok Meat’s growth and will help shape our long-term directions.
- Masters in Biology/Life Science, Stem cell biology or related field with more than 5 years industry experience in cell culture and stem cell experience
- Isolate stem cells, primary cells and establishing cell lines
- Establish stem cell and cell bank
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data
- Monitor and work with the stem cell team
- Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner
- Comply to regulatory requirements and inspections
- Manage lab, equipment and ordering of consumables
- Manage, coordinate and maintain calendar of CTO including appointments, meetings and travel. Responsible for organising of internal and external meetings on behalf of the CTO ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
- Provide executive and administrative support to CTO.
- Communicating important updates and information to Shiok Meats employees as required by CTO.
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market
- Works well independently
- Able to independently design, execute, and interpret laboratory experiments to answer specific scientific questions
- Meticulous and familiar with aseptic techniques
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions
- Able to independently learn, understand and execute novel/advanced scientific techniques
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record
- Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences
- Interest to lead an expanding research team
- Able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!