We are looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join our R&D department in developing and scaling up production of animal cells. As a Senior Research Scientist, you will have a leading role in transitioning our established processes to scaleup productions systems and processes. Your role will include production system comparative studies, media analysis, and adaptation for scalable processes, cell line adaptation, and optimization of the bioprocessing towards commercialization.
- B.Sc/M.Sc/Ph.D. Biotechnology or related fields.
- Upstream Experience: Cell culture in small scale shake flasks through large scale bioreactors.
- 5+ years of industry experience in process development of animal cells.
- Experience in the assessment of potential equipment options for process scale-up (preferred).
- Process development of stem cells (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience in growing and adapting animal cells to suspension (preferred).
- Cell culturing and characterization of animal cell lines for cultured meat production.
- Development of cell culture processes in a cost effective manner.
- Bioreactor studies.
- Optimization of cell culture media cost-effectively.
- Full time