Job Title: Strategic Partnership Analyst
Reports To: Chief Product & Strategy Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Location: Emeryville, CA
Job Purpose & Summary:
Perfect Day is working to commercialize its first animal-free dairy protein products made through fermentation in flora. We are seeking a Strategic Partnership Analyst, reporting to the Chief Product & Strategy Officer, and work closely with the Founders and company leadership to evaluate and help manage relationships with collaborators. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be driven to do what it takes to contribute to a small cross-functional team in a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of Perfect Day’s business.
- Deliver strategic business insights regarding customer and collaborators’ business needs both short and long-term. Understand the collaborator’s organization, their internal objectives and business issues, and the industry they compete in.
- Trusted adviser to current and prospective customers and collaborators.
- Consultative approach to identify organizational opportunities.
- Identify and drive innovative customer and collaboration opportunities.
- Exploratory dialog with incoming collaborator and customer interest to inform strategic planning.
- Research general industry and competitors to inform financial models and projections.
- Suggesting new or improvements to existing policy, procedures and workflows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
- Intellectually curious, passionate about asking questions, understanding corporate strategy and doing research.
- Ability to understand research methods and strategies needed to develop strategic partnerships while executing these on a tactical level.
- Demonstrated ability to source and analyze industry and consumer data to generate recommendations.
- Dependable, hardworking, organized and a self-starter with excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills (spreadsheet jockey) and writing abilities – able to distill diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct presentations.
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite.
- Strong team spirit.
- Experience in consultative selling, including contract negotiations, is a plus.
- Some travel may be required.