Location: Emeryville, CA
Position: Full time, non-exempt
Required Education: BS in or higher in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: (U)HPLC, protein biochemistry, experimental design and data analysis
Perfect Day is working to commercialize animal-free dairy protein products made through fermentation in flora. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Research Associate to join our Analytics team. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to contribute to a small team in a fast paced, collaborative start-up environment.
- Assay development and optimization of various methods including (U)HPLC, SDS-PAGE, 96 well plate colorimetric assays, and additional protein biochemistry assay.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Data and statistical analysis and reporting.
- Maintain instruments at optimum performance through routine maintenance and QA/QC procedures.
- Maintain timely documentation of work.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Identify, develop, and mentor team members to maximize their contribution and meet objectives.
- BS or higher in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field with 8+ years of analytical chemistry or protein biochemistry related experience.
- High level of technical aptitude.
- Experience with protein assays including HPLC, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis, and fluorometry.
- Ability to adapt and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working with high-throughput systems (96 well plate formats) is desirable.
- Experience with automation, database input, query, and extraction are desirable.
- Experience with Python or other programming language is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects/workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills; able to work effectively in cross-functional teams, provide strong analytic and process design skills, root cause analysis, training and general communication.
Position located in a mix of typical laboratory, workshop and kitchen environments, and requires a tolerance for high worker traffic, close quarters, noise, odors, dust, transiently wet and dirty floors, and varying room temperatures and lighting.