Perfect Day is working to commercialize its animal-free dairy protein products. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Project Engineer to manage a broad range of activities related to capital projects where Perfect Day, Inc. is gearing up to deploy its process technologies for large scale production of animal-free dairy protein. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be driven to do what it takes to contribute to a small cross-functional team in a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
Required Education: BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
Areas(s) of Expertise Desired: Process Development, Process Engineering, Project Engineering, Front End Loading (FEL) Project Delivery Process, Project Management, Contractor/Partner/Vendor Management.
- Develop capital project scope and objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans collaborating with internal experts and external partners and conferring with management.
- Develop capital project specifications, requirements and standards collaborating with internal experts and external partners.
- Develop project phases, work breakdown structures (WBS) and tasks and assigning personnel to phases and tasks collaborating with internal experts and external partners.
- Develop project schedules by calculating time requirements and sequencing project tasks collaborating with internal experts and external partners.
- Determine project costs by phases and WBS collaborating with internal experts and external partners.
- Develop communication plans and tools for project reporting.
- Track and complete projects by managing schedules, costs and specifications.
- Develop project tools for institutional deployment.
- BS/MS in chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, mechanical engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years direct experience leading capital projects related to fermentation, dairy technologies and/or food protein manufacturing.
- Substantial technical acumen and expertise in process engineering, process design, and design standards in fermentation, dairy technologies and/or food protein manufacturing.
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience using FEL or similar project delivery processes.
- Proficient in leading and contributing effectively in multidisciplinary teams to successfully meet the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct experience managing external relationships with strategic partners, engineering firms, equipment vendors and technology partners.
- Familiarity with project management tools will be a plus
- Self-starter with strong organizational and general communication skills.
- Some travel may be required.