Location: Berkeley, CA
Position: Full time, non-exempt
Required Education: Associates, Life Science degree, or related discipline.
Area(s) Of Expertise Desired: Sterile technique, lab safety, ability to follow SOPs, developed lab prep capabilities
Perfect Day is working to commercialize its first animal-free dairy protein products and we are seeking an intelligent, motivated, enthusiastic Lab Technician to join our Lab Services team. The ideal candidate will be driven to do what it takes to contribute to a small cross-functional team in a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
- Clean, setup and sterilize fermenters
- Prepare sterile assemblies
- Sterilization of laboratory media and other instruments using either heat or filtration
- Preparation of reagents/buffers for the lab following approved lab procedures and/or SOPs
- Receive and maintain inventory of lab supplies and reagents
- Aptitude for math (dilutions, precise measurements and recording of such)
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or greater in the life sciences, but will consider candidates with relevant laboratory experience.
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions and record information clearly and accurately.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form - fearlessness in regard to asking questions
- Computer skills: Office Suite (Excel,PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborative
Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, climb, kneel, bend, and consistently lift up to 50 lbs.
Position located in a mix of typical laboratory, workshop and kitchen environments, and requires a tolerance for high worker traffic, close quarters, noise, odors, dust, transiently wet and dirty floors, and varying room temperatures and lighting.