Job Title: IT Manager
Reports To: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Location: Emeryville, CA
Job Purpose and Summary:
Perfect Day is working to commercialize its first animal-free dairy protein products. We are seeking a highly skilled IT Manager to own the technology infrastructure of Perfect Day and provide end users with excellent support. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and be driven to do what it takes to contribute to a small cross-functional team in a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
- Define, deliver and support strategic plans to ensure the effectiveness of the organization.
- Recommend, implement and maintain information technology strategies, policies and procedures by identifying problems, anticipating organizational requirements and evaluating organizational outcomes.
- Work in partnership with leadership, colleagues and external consultants to lead and successfully complete projects.
- Inform leadership about industry innovations and recommend relevant system and hardware upgrades. Analyze business needs presented by users and recommend technical solutions with timelines for completion. Direct research in emerging technologies by studying organizational goals, strategies, practices and projects.
- Set up user accounts and workstations. Provide high-quality technical support to the organization, training on Perfect Day hardware and software and troubleshooting errors and issues. Develop and conduct trainings for new hires and existing users as needed.
- Install and configure software and hardware. Administer email and anti-virus systems. Create, maintain and update documentation related to IT procedures and configurations. Manage hardware, software and IT peripherals inventory. Produce detailed timelines and implement effective project control for software/hardware upgrades. Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person and remotely. Troubleshoot network issues and outages. Monitor performance and maintain systems according to established parameters/requirements. Recommend and implement process improvements to ensure system reliability, security and performance. Participate in all hardware and software evaluations/decision-making and maintain vendor contracts.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery, backup procedures, information security and control structures.
- Maintain activity records of system upgrades and maintenance, tracking when upgrades are available and due to be installed, when maintenance needs to be performed, and IT infrastructure improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a major in computer science, information systems management, mathematics or a closely related field.
- A minimum of five years of increasingly responsible experience in information technology or a related field; a minimum of two years of supervisory experience. Experience at a Biotech company is a plus.
- Dependable, hardworking, organized and a self-starter.
- Proficient in:
- Windows Server administration
- Linux administration
- Meraki network administration
- Windows & Mac endpoint support
- Vendor management
- Administrating a wide variety of SaaS tools including O365, GSuite, and Dropbox
- Administrating AWS environments
- Support of commonly used teleconferencing solutions like Zoom & Google Hangouts.
- Planning and maintaining disaster recovery and backup technologies.
- Developing IT policies and procedures (preferably for an organization in a regulated industry)
- This position is highly independent and requires meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organization, prioritization and being exceptional at managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines while maintaining high customer service are keys to success in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team spirit.
Position located in a mix of typical laboratory, workshop and kitchen environments, and requires a tolerance for high worker traffic, close quarters, noise, odors, dust, transiently wet and dirty floors, and varying room temperatures and lighting.