Perfect Day is working to commercializing its first animal-free dairy protein products. We are seeking an intelligent, enthusiastic, motivated Lab Technician to join our Fermentation team. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to contribute to a small team in a fast paced, collaborative start-up environment. This position will help execute fermentation experiments and assist with other laboratory-related tasks with a focus on weekend operations. This position is required to work on most Saturdays and Sundays.
- With guidance from Research Scientists and Associates, set up and operate bench-scale bioreactors and associated software.
- Assist in carrying out microbial fermentations using various strains, feedstocks, and protocols.
- Sample fermenters and prepare samples for further analysis.
- Record keeping (inventory, MSDS, routine maintenance, experimental/observational data) and report preparation. Maintain fermentation data in the databases.
- Clean glassware, assemblies, equipment.
- Maintain inventory of consumable supplies, spare parts, equipment.
- Maintain safe practices and work environment.
- Assisting with media prep, as required.
- Presenting at team, project & company meetings.
- Suggesting improvements to existing work flows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate. Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s program in science, biological sciences, chemistry, chemical engineering or life sciences preferred
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and verbal instructions.
- Objective approach to project work, understanding project priorities via efficient communication.
- Disciplined approach to understand scope of experiments with guidance from Scientists and Associates.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communicate skills.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, climb, kneel, bend, and at times lift objects as heavy as 50 lbs.
Position located in a mix of typical laboratory, workshop and kitchen environments, and requires a tolerance for high worker traffic, close quarters, noise, odors, dust, transiently wet and dirty floors, and varying room temperatures and lighting.