Job Title: Customer Marketing Manager
Reports To: Sr Director Marketing & Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Location: Emeryville, CA
Perfect Day is working to commercialize the first animal-free dairy protein made through fermentation in flora. We are seeking a Customer Marketing Manager, reporting to the Sr Director of Marketing and Communications, to collaborate with foodservice and retail partners with the goal of launching successful new products. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, passion for sustainable, cruelty-free food, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
- Lead strategy and execution of marketing our protein to potential customers, using a consultative approach to identify and capitalize on opportunities.
- Understand the partner’s internal objectives, business issues, and the product lines and categories in which they compete.
- Develop customer insights through quantitative and qualitative sources.
- Craft talking points and marketing materials that tell the story of how Perfect Day protein enables solutions which leverage consumer trends and address brand needs.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to develop creative and impactful PR and Social Media campaigns that promote product launches and support ongoing sales.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Sales and Food Development on the development of project timelines and ensure that marketing commitments are met.
- Utilize best practices in b2b marketing, adjusting where necessary to accommodate conditions unique to Perfect Day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing experience.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written + verbal) skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Adaptable to changing environments and ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Strong team spirit.
- Some travel may be required.