Perfect Day is close to commercializing its first animal-free dairy protein products. We are a team of scientists and engineers, committed to the mission of delivering an environmentally and animal-friendly alternative to dairy products without sacrificing the flavor or nutritional value. We are seeking an intelligent, motivated, enthusiastic Director, Tech Transfer and Process Engineering to join our team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable leading and developing a long-term vision for a team of mid-senior-level process engineers.
- Lead and manage a multidisciplinary team addressing critical issues in microbial fermentation and protein recovery and purification.
- Collaborate with R&D process development team in strategic and tactical direction in both upstream and downstream process development for existing and new products to deliver a robust and optimized process at scale.
- Responsible to deliver on product quality, quantity and cost targets for Perfect Day’s commercial protein manufacturing.
- Manage several different CMO partnerships, contracts and negotiations.
- Develop, mentor and manage team members to maximize their contribution and meet corporate objectives.
- Develop and define long-term vision for tech transfer and process engineering team in context of company goals and best practices across the industry.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with members of other teams to define and organize cross-functional projects.
- Grow the teams and attract talent to accomplish team goals and meet the needs of our growing organization.
- Partner with PD’s Head of Engineering to support ongoing and new capital projects at manufacturing partners.
- MS or PhD in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years direct experience in microbial fermentation and downstream purification.
- Demonstrated experience managing external relationships with strategic process engineering partners and commercial-scale contract manufacturers.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing multidisciplinary teams to successfully and effectively meet the expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to grow a diverse team, create career paths, effectively coach and mentor direct reports.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills; able to work effectively in cross-functional teams, provide strong analytic and process design skills, root cause analysis, training and general communication.
- Project management skills is an advantage.
- Some travel will be required.