Peace of Meat is changing the way meat is produced and consumed for the benefit of a sustainable environment, enhanced human health and improved animal welfare.
In order to advance the production of our cultured meat products, we are working closely with universities as well as commercial partners across Europe.
We are expanding our team in Belgium and seek to hire a passionate cell culture lab technician to help to advance bioengineering innovation from the basic lab bench to the applied pilot plant.
• Design and execute innovative cell-based manipulations within a foodtech applicative context and mindset
• Cell/tissue culture techniques including isolation of stem cells and establishing of cell lines, proliferation and differentiation
• Design and validate cellular and molecular quality control markers and pilot scale-up parameters towards cultured meat production
• Degree in human or animal cell biology and/or cell-based bioengineering
• Strong experience in conducting cell-based experiments and product-driven cell biology with attention to media and process optimization
• Previous experience with avian or mammalian adipocytes is a plus
• Objective-oriented and self-directed problem solver with a marked ability to promote the exchange of ideas and the interaction with colleagues working upstream and downstream
• Competitive remuneration including stock option ownership plan
• Opportunity to join one of the most promising cultured meat players as an early employee and write history
• Collaborative work environment with the opportunity to co-work with research and commercial partners
• Job location: Antwerp, Belgium