We're working on a challenging and incredibly exciting mission: to bring cultured meat to market. Stem cells are central to this process.
We are currently looking for a technician or junior-level scientist to join our team of Cell Biologists. As a member of our friendly and dedicated team, you will select, purify and characterise stem cells from muscle and adipose tissue, to use as starting material for cultured meat production.
What you can achieve
- Be a crucial part of bringing cultured meat to market, having a massive positive impact on the world.
- Collaborate with a friendly, international team of world-class scientists and engineers in a fast-paced and exciting start-up environment.
- Gain experience and expertise in a range of different cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Develop and hone your skills of scientific thinking and analysis.
- Carry out isolation, purification, culture and freezing of bovine muscle and fat stem cells from various sources and at various scales.
- Design and perform experiments related to the proliferation and differentiation of bovine muscle and fat stem cells, both independently and in collaboration with other team members.
- Collect, analyse, interpret and present experimental data.
- Assist in the smooth day-to-day running of the laboratory.
What we're looking for
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a biological or biomedical subject, including prior laboratory experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique (essential), although no specific knowledge of bovine, muscle or fat cell culture is required.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques, e.g. PCR, PAGE, western blotting, molecular cloning (desirable).
- Experience or interest in stem cell biology (essential).
- Passionate about our mission, and excited about working in a commercial start-up environment.
- A hardworking, organised and dedicated team-player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (minimum B2 level English).
- Ability to commence soon (desirable).
- Permission to work in the EU (desirable).
What you can expect from us
We are a medium-sized team working on an innovation that we believe will have a huge global impact. As part of this exciting project, you will get to:
- Enjoy an enterprising work culture with lots of freedom in your projects.
- Combine science with a commercial goal.
- Enjoy 25 days of paid leave per year.
- Work in the beautiful, historic city of Maastricht.
- Enjoy flexible working hours.
- Receive shares in the company (on top of competitive remuneration).
We really look forward to hearing about you. Please submit an application by 24th January, and we will be in touch with you shortly.