As we continue to grow we are seeking to hire a Research Associate for our Materials Science team.
- Understand available instrumentation and execute experiments based on established protocols or procedures with limited explanation and supervision.
- Responsible for departmental/team presentations. Drafts SOPs and research reports with guidance
- Responsible for maintaining scientifically current (state of the art) laboratory environment and/or product inventory. Maintains accurate and complete records consistent with company policy and legal requirements
- Keep up with the latest scientific and engineering developments by reading the current literature and attending conferences.
- Develop cross-functional knowledge and skills and make a contribution within your own functional area
- Help facilitate projects through adherence to established project or company timelines. Assist Ability to operate in fast-paced rapidly evolving analytical lab operating to support fundamental R&D, technology scale-up and routine production analytical support.
- Contribute to lab equipment maintenance and safety to help create a safe, effective and efficient working environment.
- Anticipate and recognize potential problems with laboratory supplies and equipment and takes action to prevent and solve problems
- Keep up with SOP training and compliance responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Polymer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- A foundation of basic scientific and analytical principles about polymer processing, obtained through academic training and/or experience
- Possesses good organizational, communication, analytical, computer, and technical writing skills
- Ability to provide input on experimental design for method development experiments
- High degree of personal accountability, with the ability to work independently and deliver results within project specific timelines
- Self-motivated, passionate about your work, and enthusiastic about contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Experiences in fiber spinning or fiber coating is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of polymer structure-property relationship and rheology is strongly preferred.
- Experiences in Industrial-scale polymer processing in a plus.