As we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire a bench level Scientist with expertise in protein purification and characterization.
- Work within the biochemistry team to develop, and optimize downstream recovery and purification processes, using a strong background in protein biochemistry to guide efforts.
- Independently, identify and develop procedures for purification of proteins from various organisms using a variety of techniques that can be scaled to large quantities
- Characterize proteins using a variety of biochemical and biophysical techniques to understand their fundamental properties.
- Enjoys working at the bench for majority of the time.
- Provide mentorship and knowledge to junior scientists and research associates and help them in developing and achieving project as well as career goals.
- Strong scientific background in protein purification and characterization with hands-on laboratory experience in the biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins is required.
- Goal-oriented, highly adaptable and able to work effectively in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment is required.
- Ability to think outside the box with regards to protein purification and provide innovative solutions towards solving complex purification and scaleup problems.
- Must have expertise in at least 3 of the following techniques: UV-Visible spectroscopy, CD spectroscopy, HPLC, Mass spectrometry, DSC and light scattering.
- Must have expertise in AKTA and similar purification systems.
- Must have extensive experience with protein purification on column (SEC, IEC, HIC, Affinity etc.) as well as unconventional methods such as Aqueous Two Phase Partitioning systems.
- Experience in protein engineering and enzymology.
- Familiarity with high-throughput protein purification is a plus.
- Must be a team player and willing to mentor junior members of the team.
A PhD (2 or more years of experience including postdoctoral work) or MS degree (5 or more years of experience) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics or similar field. Industry experience is preferred.