As we continue to grow, we are looking to hire a Product Development Director to work with our R&D (Scientific & Design) and business teams to collaboratively develop sustainable materials and products that will fit the needs of the market.
- Utilize deep understanding of market needs, feedback from partners, and business insights to work together with brand partners to help outline material specifications
- Deliver new and innovative materials that offer enhanced performance, sustainability, and design qualities that serve our key channel partners and their costumers
- Collaborate and integrate with the internal scientific team to co-develop materials that are both consistent with the Modern Meadow vision and inspire our customers
- Manage, develop, and grow the design & prototyping team to deliver initial material product prototypes that engage and excite potential and existing partners
- Evaluate and catalogue incumbent materials’ aesthetic, haptic and sustainability performance relative to Modern Meadow materials
- Work with the material science leads to source and supply new materials that serve the socially-conscious and eco-aware landscape of customers
- Work with the material science team to refine and further develop materials platform capabilities that fit the needs of the target markets
- Champion and communicate the development of initial material product prototypes to experiment, understand and challenge material platform boundaries
- Leverage global fiber/yarn and textile sourcing contacts with mills, spinners, and finishers into the materials development process to create the finest materials
- Act as spokesperson and subject matter expert for materials platform and Modern Meadow as needed
- Significant commercial product development and design expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Performance Sport
- 8+ years of experience in process, product, or new product/new materials development
- 4+ years of experience in managing and developing a team is preferred.
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan, and drive multiple projects concurrently from development to completion
- Demonstrated success championing complex new product development projects
- Ability to relay complex information in a clear and concise manner, making it understandable, digestible, and exciting to a variety of audiences (both written and verbally)
- Experienced in communicating and presenting to customers and partners
- Demonstrated ability to listen, process and synthesize complex sources of information in order to meet unmet needs
- Prior experience working with textiles and their application for the creation of products
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following Disciplines: Industrial Design, Engineering, Textile Engineering or similar technical degree coupled with relevant experience in industrial design or engineering
This role will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and is based in our headquarters in Nutley, NJ. However, there will be a need to frequently visit and work from our applications studio located in Brooklyn. Some travel to visit domestic and international partners may be required.