As we continue to grow we are seeking to grow our Legal team to support the needs of our growing business operations.
The Paralegal will assume early responsibility for implementing systems, procedures and best practices. The Paralegal will work collaboratively with the IP team and outside counsel as well as other internal teams.
- Provide legal support to the team
- Contract coordination including drafting and revising company agreements, getting agreements signed/executed and tracking agreements.
- Maintain IP docket system including data entry and report generation.
- Perform various administrative duties, including but not limited to notarizing documents, calendar management, organizing meetings, organizing travel arrangements and processing reimbursements.
- Support data entry activities for R&D.
- Assist and participates in ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Minimum of three years of paralegal experience required.
- Experience with patent law and the procedures of the US Patent & Trademark Office.
- Knowledge of patent docketing software.
- Knowledge of common patent terms and timelines.
- Familiarity with US, PCT, & Foreign Patent Applications and Filing Requirements.
- Experience with the U.S. (e.g., PAIR, and EFS-Web) and international patent information retrieval systems.
- Strong writing ability and exceptional communication skills, in sustaining close working relationships with attorneys, colleagues and external partners.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Office, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Detail-oriented in your approach: demonstrated in your work, correspondence and written communication.
- Flexible in your style and ability to adapt to situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.