As we continue to grow we are seeking to a leader for our Materials Team to help us get to the next level.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team comprised of chemists and material scientists to develop improvements to the process and material compositions
- Work with the CTO and the director of Materials Science to set priorities and establish milestones for the group
- Directly interface with the process engineering team and provide technology transfer support from the lab to pilot scale
- Manage the research and development efforts of the Materials Technology group
- Work closely with the product management team to define and develop new products
- Drive the use of experimental design and statistical analysis to execute and analyze experiments
- Participate in all Lab Specific Activities including EHS
- Initiate and pursue improvement, optimization and simplification opportunities
- Work with the process engineering group to successfully transfer technology from the lab-scale to the pilot and manufacturing scale
- Must have a Masters in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Science. A PhD is preferred.
- Ten years of experience in engineering or chemistry research and development with at least 5 years leading and managing technical teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven record in the completion of research projects with aggressive timelines and varying degrees of complexity
- Must have the ability to work in and lead project teams and efficiently direct the work of others