As we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire a LIMS Administrator to work within the R&D organization of Modern Meadow
This is a technical application and administration role responsible for daily administration of the Modern Meadow off the shelf LIMS/ ELN solution, LabVantage, along with integrated databases, ERP and QA/QC applications. A portion of this role’s focus will be allocated to projects including upgrades, integrations, and new functionality.
The individual will work with the current research scientists, associates and IT managers to ensure seamless integration and the creation of new functionality and workflows. The System Administrator is responsible for the LIMS technical and ongoing management. LIMS expertise will be critical to the installation and ongoing sustaining of the LIMS system.
The candidate should be proficient in researching issues via vendor and community knowledge base articles and forums along with direct vendor interaction to make recommendations for both operational improvements and resolving technical problems.
- Install and maintain the LIMS environment (production and non-production)
- Maintain the integrity of the LIMS environment by ensuring configuration and development objects are promoted successfully
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability, and performance for each LIMS environment
- Optimize LIMS configuration to maximize system performance and availability
- Maintain LIMS performance by planning and executing LIMS tuning strategies
- Monitor LIMS systems/servers (work processes, users, system logs, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.)
- Participate in the planning and implementation of LIMS system upgrades
- Collaboration with technical organization and 3rd party IT support personnel
- Develop and maintain system documentation for LIMS and its interfaces
- Ability to create new LIMS workflows based off rapidly changing needs
- 2+ years of experience administering a LIMS application, LabVantage strongly preferred.
- Experience with MSSQL required
- Experience with AWS/Azure a plus
- Experience with other enterprise tools such JMP, labeling software and reporting tools is a plus
- Experience with ERP integration is a plus
- Familiarity with interfacing lab instruments with IT systems
- MS Windows Server knowledge is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment