The Executive Assistant will report directly to the CEO while also providing support to other key members of the executive leadership team including the VP of Finance and VP of People. In this role, the Executive Assistant will act as a coordinator to provide general administrative, project management, calendar management, travel coordination, contact management, and organizational support to the leadership team while providing the majority of support time to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and problem solver who enjoys supporting and helping others while bringing a positive and helpful, can-do attitude to daily life at the office. This individual has an integrator mindset and can work with multiple cross-disciplinary teams and multitask in a fast-paced environment. A professional, concierge-minded demeanor is expected as this role will be asked to support visiting partners, VIP guests, investors, and members of the Board as well as internal colleagues.
While the role requires administrative and support duties, a candidate who is able to oversee special business-related projects, has an aptitude for writing, synthesizing complex information, and project management will be highly successful and be able to have lasting impact beyond administrative duties.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and followed through on issues in a timely manner for multiple stakeholders
- Calendar management and organizing meetings, organizing travel arrangements and processing reimbursements for the CEO, VP of Finance, & VP of People
- Track and manage contact information and business cards while also ensuring proper follow up with new contacts
- Liaise with team members to handle requests and queries and help CEO and VPs process and prioritize key actions
- Answer assigned phone lines and direct calls; use correct telephone techniques and procedures when receiving and making calls.
- Assist and participates in ad hoc projects, as needed
- Screen emails and write correspondence; communication and grammar skills must be impeccable
- Prepare letters, reports, and other documents, editing when necessary
- Support coordination and arrangement of leadership off-sites, Board and Investor meetings, team functions, and other events
- Work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Reserve appropriate meeting space and equipment and respond promptly to availability requests
- Support creation of Board and investor meeting presentations, provide printouts, key documents, manage signature documents, and record minutes as requested
- Arrange catering and meeting room setup as requested for important meetings
- Provides back up coverage support for other administrative roles and reception desk if coverage is needed due to paid time off schedule
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Office, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Ability to learn and wrangle other technologies such as Zoom, the Google Suite, and other applications as needed
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented in your approach: demonstrated in your work, correspondence and written communication.
- A professional who is comfortable working cross-functionally across all levels
- Flexible in your style and able to able to adapt to situations in a fast paced environment
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships
- A good decision maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- A passion for sustainability, business, and/or entrepreneurship is a plus!