As we continue to grow we are seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our team.
With a strong background in biology and data analysis, the successful candidate will help evaluate our data systems, ensure we are collecting the right data, build tool sets for data analysis and work with scientists across multiple disciplines to facilitate research and developmental efforts.
- Data analysis include genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics data.
- Build mathematical model of biological data, generates hypotheses and suggests experiments.
- Evaluate and optimize current data systems and data collection methods
- Develop computational approaches to the integration of large-scale data and the simulation of biological systems
- Work with LIMS/ELN administrator and take a lead role in the incorporation of big data into company-wide LIMS/ELN system.
- Interact closely with scientists across multiple disciplines including molecular biology, analytical chemistry, biochemistry and fermentation
- PhD or MS in Bioinformatics or other quantitative discipline with 0 to 3 years of industry experience
- Experience of analyzing deep sequencing and mass spec data
- Experience of creating computational models, data mining, machine learning methods, metabolic network models, ordinary differential equation, stochastic models
- Solid understanding and experience in one or more of the following areas: strain development, fermentation, structure-function relationships, metabolomics, proteomics, transcriptomics
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment