As we continue to grow we are seeking to hire a driven MBA intern to join our team for the summer.
We are a growing bio-tech startup seeking an outstanding finance professional to join us for a summer 2019 internship. In this role, you will work alongside the VP of Finance and the leadership team on key projects that will have direct and lasting impact on our business. As a post-Series B funded company, you will join us during a truly transformational period for the organization and experience all of the excitement, challenges, and opportunities that are a part of this stage of growth.
Expect to apply your financial acumen in a unique environment where your team is comprised of scientists, creatives, and business professionals. Your skills will be valued and applied to real-life business challenges and have a direct effect on our future.
This summer, you will work alongside a fellow business and engineering professional to form an agile and expert team, working together to tackle and drive an exciting and complex project. Additionally, you will carry out the responsibilities below.
- Work closely with the leadership team and key stakeholders to develop financial models to assist in management decision-making in potential areas such as capital budgeting, manufacturing strategy, and product analysis
- Work with the Finance team to optimize management reporting and functional reporting packages
- Assist finance team on future manufacturing strategy and scenario planning
- Assist with benchmarking of various financial and/or operational metrics
- Prepare and present interim and final conclusions to executive team
- Finance focused MBA student
- 3+ years of analyst experience in Finance, FP&A, Procurement, or Accounting
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups and teams
- Ability to excel in an environment of ambiguity and agility to pivot when assumptions change
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of ERP frameworks and forecasting applications
- Strong organizational skills including task prioritization and effective time management.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating good judgment and problem-solving ability
- A natural leader. Your track record shows numerous occasions of bringing people together, formally or informally, to accomplish something you’re passionate about
- Tendency to ‘geek’ out a little when it comes to science!