We all love meat, but the way it’s currently made is inefficient and unhealthy. Even if we wanted to keep producing meat this way, we wouldn’t be able to feed our rapidly growing population in the coming decades.
At Mission Barns, we are cultivating animal cells to sustainably grow meat without the negative impacts of intensive animal agriculture. We start with a handful cells from select animals, grow them in a nutrient-rich environment, and harvest delicious, savory meat. Working at the convergence of biotech and food science, we’re on the path to creating a more sensible food system for the world.
To develop, optimize, and scale-up our production system, we need passionate, skilled team members who share our Mission to join us at the Barn.
- Full-time, exempt
- Berkeley, CA
- 2+ years of post-college or equivalent experience
- Cell culture maintenance and analysis
- Adaptation of animal cell lines to various conditions
- Differentiation induction and screening
- Assay execution
- Rigorous experimental design, documentation, and data analysis
- Aseptic technique
- Animal (including human) cell culture
- Works well independently
- Eager to learn and grow