We all love meat, but the way it’s currently made is inefficient and unhealthy. Even if we wanted to keep producing meat this way, we wouldn’t be able to feed our rapidly growing population in the coming decades.
At Mission Barns, we are cultivating animal cells to sustainably grow meat without the negative impacts of intensive animal agriculture. We start with a handful cells from select animals, grow them in a nutrient-rich environment, and harvest delicious, savory meat. Working at the convergence of biotech and food science, we’re on the path to creating a more sensible food system for the world.
To develop, optimize, and scale-up our production system, we need passionate, skilled team members who share our Mission to join us at the Barn.
● Full-time, exempt
● Berkeley, CA
As an R&D intern you will assist in experiments to help build Mission Barns’ production infrastructure.
- B.S. or B.A. with cell culture experience
- Maintaining lab organization and ordering
- Performing routine cell culture maintenance
- Assisting R&D team members to facilitate experimental workflow
- Rigorous documentation
- Aseptic technique
- Animal (including human) cell culture
- Familiarity working with cell types present in meat is a plus
- Works well independently
- Eager to learn