The Senior Scientist will play a key role in a small product development team innovating products & processes at Memphis Meats. This role may be tasked with multiple and diverse projects each with a common focus that includes cell culture operations. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for conceptual diligence, hypothesis-driven experimentation under priorities established by them leadership. In addition, the Senior Scientist will serve as a thought partner and present results in regular team meetings. The ideal candidate is eager to take on new challenges, is not afraid to fail and is willing to identify mistakes and learn from them.
- Literature Review
- Experimental Design & Execution
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Drafting Product Development Proposals
- Maintaining a Detailed Notebook Record
- Staff Training
- Ph.D. in biology, biotechnology or a related field
- A team player who works well independently and with others
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Enjoys working in a laboratory environment
- Core Competencies in Cell Biology
- Proficient in standard molecular biology procedures such as total protein assays, ELISA, gene expression assays, plasmid preparation and nucleic acid purification.
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.