The Research Associate will play a key role in a small product development team towards development of new products at Memphis Meats. This role may be tasked with multiple and diverse projects each with a common focus that includes cell culture operations. The Research Associate role will work under the direction of team leadership to execute established workstreams. In addition, the Research Associate will be responsible for maintaining a functional workspace within the laboratory, presentation of results and participation in team meetings. The ideal candidate for this role has excellent communication skills and is dedicated to completing projects in a conclusive manner.
- Routine cell isolation, passaging & cryopreservation.
- Culture Media Preparation
- Assay Development
- Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Equipment Maintenance
- Performance of Standard Molecular Biology Techniques
- Laboratory Organization
- B.S. or M.S. in biology, biotechnology or a related field with 3+ years of cell culture experience
- A team player who works well independently and with others
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Enjoys working in a laboratory environment
- Comfortable operating in role that prioritizes a schedule around routine cell culture work
- Mastery of aseptic practice & technique
- Proficient in standard molecular biology procedures such as total protein assays, ELISA, gene expression assays, plasmid preparation and nucleic acid purification.
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.