The Product Formulations and Performance Lead will lead a culinary and science-focused team to produce world-class meat products. This person will lead a data-driven pursuit of quality through food product identification and characterization development. This person should have demonstrable expertise in regulatory-compliant pipeline development of meat, poultry, or seafood products from the kitchen through scaled manufacturing while possessing a keen understanding of the culinary arts. Formal training and expertise in nutrition sciences or molecular biology are desired, but not required.
- Lead the product development team to create preparations and form factors for new meat products
- Establish and maintain quality and safety standards for consumer-level product production
- Scale preparations from the food laboratory through commercial-scale manufacturing
- Work collaboratively with product development and business teams to meet multiple, complex project deadlines
- Mentor and lead a high-performance product development team
- Communicate status, risks, and opportunities on product development projects to senior leadership
- Lead development and characterization of new meat, poultry, or seafood products in compliance with local, state, and Federal regulatory requirements
- Manage and build an expert team that implements creative approaches to solve challenging issues
- Scientific diligence, analysis, and evaluation for product development approaches, including benchwork and sensory evaluation
- Ability to develop and maintain external culinary professionals partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and develop a team that is working on multiple complex projects.
- Broad working knowledge of food product development including developing and managing product formulation, stability testing, packaging development, quality control testing, scale-up, ingredient supplier networks, nutrition labeling requirements and sensory testing.
- 5+ years experience taking CPG food products through development to commercialization
- MS or PhD in food science or other applicable field, or equivalent experience
- Expertise in muscle, meat, and flavor science or a domain-expertise in food texture design
- Can-do attitude, full of integrity