This person will be responsible for the design and fabrication of novel bioprocess equipment to be used in large scale manufacturing of cell-based meat. The role will require skills that span detailed equipment design, overall facility design, and highly effective external partner collaboration and management. This role requires a pioneering spirit and drive to translate your extensive experience with bioprocess equipment into an emerging field with transformative potential.
- Build upon the existing meat cultivator prototypes to further scale those designs and implement best practices for robust manufacturing process equipment
- Lead fabrication of scaled process equipment with reputable skilled external parties
- Lead design and overall construction projects for build out of pilot and larger scale manufacturing facilities suitable for food manufacturing that leverages bioprocess technologies
- Engineer or applied scientist with 10+ years of experience in design and support of bioprocess manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Strong background in bioprocess fundamentals that provide the foundation to develop creative unique solutions that still meet the intended design principles. Working knowledge of ASME BPE design standards.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing equipment to meet unique process requirements. Includes experience with 3D CAD software for mechanical design such as Solidworks.
- Hands-on experience with bioprocess facilities and equipment including utility systems (high purity water, clean steam, HVAC), sanitary process equipment and control automation, and clean facilities.
- Experience with FAT, SAT, Commissioning and Qualification, including hands on experience starting-up and running new equipment, resolving technical equipment issues.
- Knowledgeable regarding equipment design and documentation standards for cGMP compliance.
- Must be experienced with engineering project execution and project management.