The Associate Director/Director of Tissue and BioProcess Engineering will lead a team accountable for the design and optimization of processes and scalable bioreactor technologies for the production of cell-based meat. This leader will be hands-on contributing innovative technical solutions that draw from fundamentals in the field of tissue engineering. Their team will operationalize novel culture systems and characterize processes in them for robust performance to ensure readiness for transfer into manufacturing. Candidate should have experience translating their science into an implementable solution with demonstration of process robustness.
Candidate should have strong track record of quantitative data and/or image analysis. Working knowledge of bioreactor hardware and automation, data capture and analysis are advantageous.
Proven team leadership experience is required.
- Define the workscope and provide technical leadership for the BioProcess Development team
- Ensure resources are directed toward the most critical priorities in a manner appropriate for project success
- Drive innovative solutions through hands-on experimentation
- Train your team to execute with the most powerful experimental designs and data analysis methods
- Identify outside vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals
- Oversee development/specification/procurement and installation of bioprocess hardware and automation necessary to execute and monitor our cultured meat bioprocesses
- Drive rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data
- Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner to team members outside of BioProcess development
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing our bioprocess
- MS or PhD in Chemical/Biochemical/Biomedical/Tissue Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Tissue Engineering; deep experience with bioprocess development leading to realized manufactured product a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience defining and managing the workscope for a team on a complex project
- Experience working with both internal staff and external parties to accomplish project goals
- Record as a successful leader including recruiting and developing technical staff
- Flexible, innovative and clever in technical problem solving
- Skilled hands-on experimenter- comfortable in the lab establishing new technologies and training staff on them
- Passionate about driving to results