Legendairy Foods is Europe’s first cellular agriculture startup focusing on the production of clean dairy products. We are developing real dairy proteins without the animals through a process of fermentation. Our technology requires less resources and causes less greenhouse emissions compared to the traditional ways of producing dairy. Join us in our mission to produce ethical and sustainable food for the future of our planet.
We look for a passionate Food Technologist with a scientific and hands on experience in developing and taking food products from the concept to laboratory to market. Ideally with knowledge or experience in cheese product development. You will be responsible for the new recipes and processes for our innovative animal-free cheese products. You will have the chance to get to know the startup world and to work in a professional international team.
- You will start by designing product attributes vs consumer expectations as well as available technical solutions within each project.
- You will develop animal-free cheese formulations and processes to deliver on consumer expectations, within project food safety, costs and timing requirements.
- You will plan, design and execute experiments at laboratory and pilot plant scale.
- You will gather and analyse data, document and report results as well as make recommendations.
- You will conduct analytical tests, quality control and sensory evaluations.
- You will participate in consumer test design, organize sample production and ensure product quality follow up.
- You will be responsible to identify the intellectual property generated through the product development process.
- A high-growth food biotech startup environment with an exponential learning curve.
- The opportunity to design and work with novel ingredients and disruptive technologies.
- The freedom to shape, inspire and lead.
- A lean Start-up innovation culture environment.
- An interdisciplinary team of highly ambitious colleagues.
- A unique chance to find purpose in what you do on a daily basis.
- Passionate about food, health, nutrition and sustainability.
- Master’s Degree in Food Science or closely related field.
- A great plus if you are knowledgeable, have experience or have a PhD in colloid chemistry, dairy or vegetable proteins, vegetable fats, cheese science, cheese product development and/or you are eager to fill in these topics.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Drive in an entrepreneurial setting, eager to collaborate across functions and backgrounds.
- Fluent in English, German a plus