The Technical Manufacturing Engineer will help to design, build, and commercialize new manufacturing processes, as well as drive continuous improvement of existing systems and processes. You will work cross-functionally with both internal and external partners to develop and improve processes at all levels of the organization and supply chain. Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing and working closely with the Corporate Engineering and Commercialization (New Process Introduction) managers, your role is critical to the overall success of the organization.
- Collaborate with Process Engineering & Development team to bring new processes from concept to commercialization.
- Help design and build representative pilot scale processes as a bridge from Process Engineering to full-scale operations.
- Manage satellite scale-up facility and production of test market samples as required.
- Work closely with Product Development and QA/QC team to ensure all product quality and integrity standards are met.
- Spec-out and acquire equipment on both a pilot and industrial-scale basis.
- Research and make recommendations for new equipment as needed across the entire supply chain.
- Attend and support new product trials and launches.
- Lead shop-floor validation and capability studies at our co-manufacturers to support CI and cost savings efforts.
- Identify and execute additional cost savings projects within target areas throughout the supply chain.
- Visit co-manufacturers and make recommendations for capital and non-capital based efficiency improvements, and execute related projects.
- B.S. in Engineering or related field or 10+ years engineering and manufacturing experience.
- In-depth knowledge of process engineering and design.
- Experience in identifying correct specifications for and ordering equipment.
- Experience in leading large projects from idea to reality.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and comfortable working within a cross functional team.
- Ability to be accountable, highly adaptable, flexible, and strict while maintaining mindset of providing solutions as needed.
- Confidence in being an expert in your field and ability to make sound business decisions.
- Able to travel as necessary.
- Able to pass a standard background check