At JUST, we believe everyone deserves to eat well. We're searching faster and further, working with rural farmers, Michelin-starred chefs, and world-class product developers to find tools in the plant kingdom that will make our food tastier and healthier.
We’re looking for an SQF Practitioner to join our Food Safety & Quality Assurance Team at our newly acquired Protein Manufacturing Center in Appleton, MN.
As the SQF Practitioner, you will be a key member of the Food Safety and Quality Assurance team at our Appleton, MN operation. You will be responsible for the implementation and on-going maintenance of the SQF system for factory as well as other necessary food safety and quality programs to ensure the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance of JUST Protein Manufacturing. You must demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to act collaboratively and proactively while being consistently engaged to find solutions that bring forth new ideas to achieve JUST objectives.
- Lead the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the factory's Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs in coordination with the Factory FSQA Manager and JUST Corporate FSQA team to ensure initial and on-going SQF certification of the site
- Assure alignment of factory's program with JUST corporate quality guidance and objectives in coordination with the Factory FSQA Manager
- Design and administer support processes including:
- Document control system, including periodic update and review requirements.
- Required employee food safety and quality training, including providing key training programs and assuring completion of the training matrix
- Internal assessments and audit program - including training and managing internal audit team
- Corrective/preventive actions tracking and validation
- Continuous Improvement process tracking and documentation
- Completion of required validation and verifications of the system
- Supplier Approval program, including support documents
- Ability to lead 3rd party audits and lead regulatory inspections, including internal or external customers, as well as interact with regulatory officials on behalf of the plant, as back-up to Factory FSQA Manager, in the absence of the Factory FSQA Manager and/or Plant Manager, in coordination with the Corporate FSQA team
- Investigate, analyze and review quality incidents in coordination with the Factory FSQA Manager and Plant Manager
- Participate in complaint investigations; verify corrective action completion and continued conformance
- Notify key stakeholders of identified issues and ensure proper communication
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in all food safety systems; analyze quality data and performance, including SPC, to provide information and insight on business improvement opportunities
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the Quality Team and other team members at our Appleton Facility and Headquarters to ensure the success of Quality programs at JUST
- Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Quality, Food Science, Microbiology or Science-related field.
- Must be an SQF Certified Practitioner with minimum 2-3 year’s SQF quality experience or have equivalent experience with another GFSI standard.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with laboratory, quality, and/or food safety systems implementation under a GFSI standard.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills.
- HACCP Certified and or Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) certified
- Better Process Control training strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Food Safety regulations, FSMA, and industry and market trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with a variety of stakeholders.
- Effectively organize, manage, and execute numerous work tasks of a diverse nature.
- Strong Computer Skills (MS Office, Cloud-based data management systems, cloud-based quality management systems)
Additional Information & Requirements
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
JUST participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.