As the Senior Product Developer you will play a critical role in the mission of JUST - working collaboratively and cross-functionally with our Product Development Team, Food Scientists, Process Scientists, and Engineers to create new innovations from bench to commercialization as well as continuously improve current products.
- Coordinate multiple concurrent food product launches from bench top testing to production commercialization
- Manage new product development projects and assist in setting specifications to include sourcing/qualifying ingredients, establishing machinery requirements, determining manufacturing processes for new products
- Assist operations/production in new product start up
- Design and execute experiments, with support of R&D team, based on project objectives
- Future responsibilities may or may not include owning an entire product platform
Education & Experience
- 8+ years of Chef Training/or Food Science experience, combination preferred – emphasis on a commercial scale ideal!
- 2+ years hands-on experience with CMO partners/or at manufacturing plant
- Experience launching a product to market – bench, to pilot, to scale - diverse product experience a plus
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fluid environment
Additional Information and Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
While this position is primarily onsite, some travel may be required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
JUST participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.