As a Senior Process Development Engineer/Scientist, you will be a key member of our Process Sciences Team, responsible for the process development and the scale up of innovative plant-based proteins. You will primarily be involved in evaluating and optimizing key process parameters of relevant unit operations from the lab to pilot plant scale, and support technology transfer to manufacturing facilities.
- Design and execute lab scale experiments for protein extraction and recovery procedures using plant-based feed stocks.
- Evaluate various unit operations and process flows to optimize product quality and functionality.
- Perform critical data analysis and interpretation to develop understanding of correlation between process parameters and key performance indicators.
- Work closely with Food Science / product development team to assess products, developing critical understandings of the products from both process and formulation changes.
- Assist pilot scale testing to translate results from lab to pilot scale with the sight of commercial scale production.
- Develop mass balances, process flow diagrams, SOPs & batch records.
- Integral role in the management of the R&D process from lab scale to pilot scale ensuring well defined system & testing protocols.
- Equipment installation and project engineering, working with vendors, experience with plant utilities, automation & controls.
- Develop processes in compliance with appropriate food GMPs and applicable food safety standards.
- Assess safety procedures and policies, participate in HAZOP process.
- PhD. (5 years) or master’s degree (minimum 10 years) in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering or relevant discipline with food or bioproducts process development and engineering experience.
- Demonstrated Hands-on experience in laboratory and pilot plant food or bioprocessing plant setting, working knowledge with protein recovery processes preferred;
- Strong leadership experience in developing processes from concept to pilot scale
- Technical Subject Matter developing solids-liquids separation methods, liquid-handling methods, filtration, plant sourced feed material size reduction techniques and standard protein unit operations.
- Knowledge of protein biochemistry in regards to structure-function relationship is a plus.
- Knowledge of FDA guidelines for process validation is recommended;
- Experience in cGLP, cGMP, Sanitary 3-A, HAACP, OSHA, and other relevant FDA guidelines and norms for food production necessary;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational traits, team player
- Able to pass a standard background check