As the Senior Facilities Manager, you’ll be responsible for the operation, maintenance, budgeting and planning of JUST, including building, office, labs, equipment and other facilities. You will lead the Facilities Team, assuring JUST is operating in a both safe and compliant manner.
- Manage all JUST facilities, building systems and equipment, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety and waste disposal, as well as equipment asset inventory
- Manage contracts and vendor relationships including, but not limited to, landlord/lease, janitorial, security, and maintenance
- Manage lab operations, including glassware, supplies, equipment maintenance, new equipment installation, etc.
- Lead the Facilities Team and oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of buildings and utilities, assuring work is completed safely, on time and within budget
- Manage the coordination and budget of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion and modifications
- Initiate planned maintenance programs for a variety of office and operations equipment; make recommendations for infrastructure repair and improvements
- Responsible for environment, health and safety programs assuring compliance with city, state and federal ordinances; partner with Quality team to assure compliance with food regulations
- Serve as point person for operational and emergency situations on real time basis, and provide direction during problem management
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience managing facilities, within manufacturing or biotech industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline with relevant experience in construction of scientific and food manufacturing facilities preferred
- A working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and HVAC systems; understanding of architectural drawings and the construction process
- Experience with lab operations, maintenance and compliance
- Professed in local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to facilities and operations (regulations under cGMP, FDA and CUPA/HMUPA compliance)
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and leadership skills with an ability to manage and foster relationships and communication with internal and external groups
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Knack for using critical analysis to troubleshoot issues and resolve problems
Additional Information and Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time position. While there will be standard days and hours of work, the positions requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Just, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization