We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Scientist to be part of JUST’s Analytical Chemistry Team. You will play a critical role in support of our ongoing research and development projects. As a leader in the analytical chemistry team, you will be exposed to the full spectrum of projects in Cellular Agriculture, Process Sciences, and Product Development. This position is responsible for all aspects of utilizing advanced analytical instrumentation to address routine and novel analytical needs. From sample prep and instrument operation to data analysis and reporting, this role provides end-to-end analytical expertise to all R&D efforts. You will develop and validate new methods while performing and managing routine analyses.
As the Scientist, Analytical Chemistry, you will work with collaborate and work with the Analytical Chemistry Team to…
- Perform and provide guidance in routine day-to-day analyses
- Drive method development and validation of qualitative and quantitative analyses using HPLC and GC
- Sample preparation and proximate analysis of bulk components (protein, fats, carbohydrates, ash and moisture).
- Proactively maintenance and troubleshoot various sample prep techniques and analytical instruments
- Properly calibrate and create quality checks to verify performance and define the error or variability of analytical instruments and methods
- Develop, validate and document analytical methods and write clear and concise SOPs.
- Summarize and report method development efforts in collaborative meetings with other R&D groups
- Always conduct work in a safe manner, consistent with best practices in laboratory safety and environmental stewardship guidelines
- Manage all aspects of the analytical laboratory including procurement, inventory, managing service contracts, data management and organization
- Coordinate and utilize external analytical resources as needed
Education and Experience:
- PhD with 5+ years or BS/MS with 10+ years of relevant industrial experience
- Experience with chromatography systems (GC or LC) and advanced detection systems such as Mass Spectrometry is required.
- Experience with lab management and method development required
- Previous experience in amino acid and peptide analysis is a plus
- Experience mentoring / managing junior lab members preferred
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong critical thinking, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate records, and an affinity for troubleshooting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment