We are looking for a hands-on Research Associate to join our R&D team which is creating delicious, game-changing food. As a Research Associate, you will be an important member of our Cellular Agriculture team responsible for developing processes using animal cell culture. You will be involved in cell line adaptation, media development, bioreactor studies, and developing bioprocessing conditions that optimize process performance. As each process matures, you will assist in scaling-up the process.
A big component of making food accessible is creating scalable processes and products. This is a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with talented stem cell biologists, molecular biologists, process engineers and culinary chefs at a cutting-edge food technology company on one of our newest product platforms. This is a full-time role and the work will be done on-site at JUST, Inc.
- Culture and characterize unique animal cell lines used to produce clean meat.
- Develop efficient and cost-effective animal cell culture processes
- Optimize chemically defined cell culture media with special emphasis on cost
- Routinely conduct flask and bioreactor studies
- Thoroughly document experimental results in laboratory notebook and written reports
- Analyze experiments, present data and draw conclusions
- Write and revise Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage and organize laboratory equipment and reagents
- BS/BA with at least 4 years of animal cell culture experience or MS with at least 2 years animal cell culture experience in a research and development environment
- Knowledge and experience in growing and adapting animal cells to suspension
- Familiarity in testing and developing cell culture media
- Involvement in writing SOPs and other technical documents.
- Experience in experimental design, problem solving, and functioning well with multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience in bioreactor operation and process scale-up
- Ability to pass a standard background check