As the Production Planner/Scheduler you will play a key role in the success of JUST by supporting the Sr. Director of Manufacturing and working cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Operations, and R&D to ensure customer expectations are met while utilizing and balancing production capacity effectively and efficiently. You will serve as the subject-matter expert for the definition and implementation of our Manufacturing MRP that will allow for weekly creation of production schedule and work orders.
- Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes, Product and R&D trials into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule
- Create and publish a 4-week firm plus a 4 weeks fluid Master Production Plan.
- Identify and utilize the production capacity effectively and efficiently while taking into consideration productivity, and S&OP input
- Proactively identify, analyze and communicate risks associated with the parameters of the Master Production Plan, to all vested parties, including but not limited to material availability and manufacturing lead times.
- Identify gaps and drive solutions, including metrics on production performance to the requested production schedule and Sales Plan; update plan as necessary.
- Establish and communicate delivery commitments (including less-than-lead time orders; check uncommitted material, vendor lead time and availability of capacity.
- Establish reporting metrics in a timely manner, including but not limited to service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, required to operate (labor needed to meet plan) and other supply chain metrics as required
- Collaborate with Supply chain to develop inventory on hand targets for finished goods inventory at optimal quantities to ensure high service levels while mitigating stock outs, i.e. product availability
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field (Supply Chain, Business or Engineering preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing or perishable FMCG
- 2+ years of supply chain planning/scheduling
- Experience with Netsuite MRP implementation or switch required
Skills & Qualifications
- Strategic and critical thinker with proven ability to solve complex problems
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills; ability to synthesize considerable and complex data quickly and efficiently
- Team player capable of successfully working and developing trusted relationships across the organization and levels of management
- Effective communicator, written and verbal
- Self-starter; able to manage multiple projects with limited direction; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced systems knowledge: MPS and MRP concepts, theories, principles and platforms. Microsoft office programs including advance level of Excel
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management a plus!