We’re looking for a Production Manager to join our Plant Leadership Team and play a critical role in the success of JUST Egg at our newly acquired Protein Manufacturing Center in Appleton, MN.
As the Production Manager you provide operational leadership ensuring employees safety standards, product quality, plant productivity and performance to attain the daily production goals.
- Lead, maintain and improve plant safety programs to ensure the safety of all employees and products.; adhere to and manage Lock Out Tag Out Program, confined space, right to know, etc.
- Develop, implement and manage performance metrics within SQCDPE framework (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, People and Environment) to achieve or exceed manufacturing goals
- Develop, manage and hold accountable, Production Supervisors; manage daily coordination between Production Supervisors and support teams to meet or exceed all plant manufacturing goals, support resolving conflicts.
- Develop manpower requirements for assigned areas to achieve production schedule, participate in and validate operators hiring and performance appraisal
- Prioritize production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency and materials supply
- Drive continuous improvement - proactively identify and address opportunities for daily operating efficiency to meet site objectives and production goals utilizing DMAIC Principles and Methodologies
- Lead, develop and implement production workflow improvements; implement all production workflow changes with schedule, metrics, training and communication
- Assist in development and validation of SOP changes and provide Training for Production Supervisors
- Work cross-functionally with Plant Leadership Team and other groups to ensure a continuous and successful bridge between our Manufacturing Facility and the larger organization
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations - ingredient, food manufacturing or bio-processing preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity - managing managers preferred
- Protein separation, dairy processing, drying experience preferred
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in safety and productivity
- Demonstrated experience managing performance through application of DMAIC Principles and Methodologies
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group setting
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Expertise in Food Safety, GMP, CIP
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations - (OSHA 40 preferred)
- Protein separation, dairy processing, drying preferred
- Ability to pass a standard background check