As a Process Engineer- Pilot Plant, you will be a key member of our Process Science Team, running the operation and optimization processes at the Pilot Plant. This is a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with talented chemists, process engineers, molecular biologists and culinary chefs at a cutting-edge food technology company on one of our newest product platforms.
- Ensure personnel and food safety protocol is observed and adhered to at all times
- Design and execute hands-on experiments, implementing lab and pilot-scale processes from bench to pilot equipment to meet application team requirements
- Ensure completion of batch process records for each lab/pilot run to enable accurate mass balance and tech transfer documentation
- Review, update and manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure that work is done safely and efficiently.
- Develop, support and/or optimize lab and pilot-scale manufacturing processes including drying, particle size reduction, extraction, filtration, separation, chemical modification, etc.
- Evaluate, procure and operate lab and pilot plant equipment to assess new materials, optimize production processes, and generate samples for characterization and application development
- Interpret and present analytical and experimental data
- Responsible for creating and implementing maintenance plans for equipment; troubleshoot
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors in chemical engineering or related fields with at least 4 years of experience or Masters in chemical engineering or related fields with at least 2 years of experience, biopharmaceutical, nutraceutical, or food process development preferred
- Experience working in a laboratory and pilot plant setting
- Familiar with process equipment like spray dryers, decanters, and membranes
- Experience in cGLP, cGMP, Sanitary 3-A, HAACP, OSHA, and other relevant FDA guidelines and norms for food production beneficial
Skills and Qualifications:
- Very flexible schedule with ability to be onsite and respond to shift needs of the Pilot Plant
- Hardworking, self-motivate with an innate ability to “roll with the punches” in a fast-moving, fast-growing, start-up environment
- Ability to multi-task and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Skillful in problem solving and trouble-shooting data, equipment, and procedures
Additional Information & Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and is frequently required to work standing for extended periods of time as well as climb stairs/ladders.
While this position is primarily onsite, some travel to manufacturing and partner sites may be required. This position is full-time, but schedule is dependent on pilot plant shifts.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
JUST participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.