We are looking for a hands-on process Pilot Plant Associate to join our Bioprocessing Team in our Cellular Agriculture Department. You will play a key role in the scaling up and production of our cultured meat products by being supporting the technology transfer and routine pilot plant operations to meet the schedules and targets.
- Be an active member of the Pilot Team operating bioreactor, harvest, cleaning and other related cell culture processing equipment
- Accountable for maintaining excellent record keeping
- Assist in batch record preparation and continuous improvement activities
- Assist in trouble shooting and investigation of equipment, process and quality deviations
- Plan and organize tasks to meet the plant schedule
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe workplace
- Contribute to the overall success of JUST and our cultured meat products
Education & Experience
- BA/or BS with 2+ years of experience in cell culture processing at a pilot or manufacturing scale
- Experience in bioreactor and related operations
- Experience working in a GMP environment
Skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity of CIP and COP systems and operations preferred
- Ability to maintain and establish excellent record keeping.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with the Pilot Plant Team and other cross-functional members of the organization
Additional Information & Requirements
This is a full-time position based out of our headquarters in San Francisco. Hours are based on which shift applicants apply for.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and is frequently required to work standing for extended periods of time as well as climb stairs/ladders and elevated work platforms.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
JUST participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.