As the People Operations Manager, you will play a key role in the success of our recently acquired Manufacturing Facility in Appleton, Minnesota, acting as the go-to person for employees at the facility on all things related to HR. You’ll serve as a member of the Plant Leadership Team and partner with our People Team at San Francisco headquarters to act as a bridge for communication, support general administration, recruiting, benefits, employee relations, talent development, training, and employee engagement.
- Serve as the first onsite point of contact for HR-related inquiries, communications and activities
- Coordinate recruiting activities including job postings, screening applicants, scheduling and facilitating interviews, and offer approvals
- Partner with HQ People Team and Plant Leadership as an active member of the Plant Leadership Team on policy definition and adherence, safety training, compliance, corrective action and documentation
- Manage worker’s comp and workplace safety programs
- Maintain employee files and coordinate complete employee data, including new hire onboarding paperwork, status changes, benefits enrollment, qualifying life events; assist as needed with annual compliance and audit needs
- Administer and lead employee recognition and engagement program(s); coordinate and plan team building events
- Manage new hire activities including onboarding, collecting and verifying appropriate documentation, providing benefits education, and administer and track safety and compliance training
- Partner with People Team, managers /or appropriate personnel to address employee relations issues
- Support internal company communication regarding HR related topics – similarly, help serve as bridge for communication between San Francisco Headquarters and Minnesota Facility
- Execute other various projects related to recruiting, people operations or other areas as requested.
- Manage and administer career growth and develop programs including career pathing, employee skill training matrix and performance review process
- Execute other various projects related to recruiting, people operations or other areas as requested
Education and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 5+ years human resources experience, preferably within manufacturing or related industry
- Experience managing HR-related compliance programs in adherence to Minnesota employment law
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and people skills – able to work effectively with diverse groups and backgrounds
- Proficient in Office 360 applications including Outlook and Microsoft Suite
- Comprehensive knowledge of HRIS systems, Paycom experience is a plus!
Additional Information & Requirements
This role is located at our Manufacturing facility in Appleton Minnesota, though occasional travel to headquarters in San Francisco may be required.
Supporting a facility running 24/7 will require some presence evenings, nights or weekends.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
JUST participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.