You will be a key member of our Bioprocessing team in our Cellular Agriculture department and essential in producing sustainable and cost-effective clean meat products. The position requires in-depth knowledge on animal cell culture process and media development. You will also partner with experts in cell biology, process development and process engineering teams to accomplish the above.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Animal cell banking and testing (MCBs and WCBs).
- Perform media component analysis and development (chemically defined, serum-free) studies to select suitable conditions for both cell line screening and cell culture process.
- Perform biological assays (cell growth, viability, and clonal selection) with adherent and suspension cell cultures.
- Collaborate with other functional groups including cell-line and analytical development teams for screening and characterization studies.
- Perform systematic and thorough statistical data analysis to deduce clear conclusions.
- Develop new assays for relevant areas.
- Assist in scale-up/scale-down studies.
- Author, review and support continuous improvement of batch records and SOPs
- Mentor interns and research associates as required.
- PhD in chemical / biochemical / biological engineering or related discipline with at least 1-3 years of experience in biotechnology / biopharmaceutical industry or MS in cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or closely related science with 5+ years of post-graduate research and development experience in the industry.
- Proven technical experience in developing animal cell culture-based processes.
- Proficiency in using design of experiments (DOE) in media and process optimization.
- Experience in operation of bioreactors is plus.
- Excellent technical writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Mission-driven, self-directed and enthusiastic about collaborating with an inter-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers.
- Ability to pass a standard background check