The Manager, Food Safety & Quality will manage and conduct all quality audits and apply continuous improvement throughout all levels of the supply chain for internal and external manufacturing of Just brand products. You will manage and implement processes to maintain food safety, ensure quality and support sustainability at external partners as well as internally. You will work cross-functionally with internal and external Partners to provide baseline food safety and quality criteria and hold our Partners to the highest-level of practice and standards.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance for the implementation and adherence of all quality programs internally, at external manufacturing facilities and raw material suppliers
- Support manufacturing in food safety related programs (FSMA, HACCP, Sanitation, Environmental Monitoring, etc.)
- Manage and be accountable for the relationship with external manufacturing quality departments
- Work closely with the product development team to ensure food safety requirements and quality standards are incorporated and provide support during plant trials for product launches
- Perform internal, external vendor audits and build a corrective action and maintenance plan
- Maintain quality metrics and implement applicable corrective and preventative actions
- Facilitate in the development of all on-site employees to ensure their knowledge and implementation of food safety guidelines is up to date and exceeds compliance of federal and Just, Inc.'s regulatory guidelines
- Develop product evaluation programs including quality scoring, gold standard, shelf life, etc.
- Develop and implement food safety training and traceability programs
- Maintain accurate records and reports as pertinent to food safety, health, environmental and federal policies. Communicate any issues that may arise to the Quality and Operations leadership team.
- B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, or similar degree with 5+ years of food industry experience
- Certified as a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- In depth knowledge of food microbiology, product sampling plans and environmental monitoring
- Expertise in implementing and maintaining GFSI food safety and quality management programs
- Experience with auditing all levels of the supply chain (raw material, warehouse, internal/external manufacturing, transportation, laboratory, etc.)
- Able to develop food safety initiatives and constantly striving for continuous improvement
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and comfortable working within a cross functional team to set the gold standard for quality and food safety
- Confident in being the expert with the foremost responsibility of ensuring food safety which will require you to make business and quality decisions based on scientific, regulatory and quality evidence
- Mindset of taking a hands-on approach to achieve company objectives while taking a practical and systems based approach to problem solving and prevention
- Ability to be accountable, highly adaptable, flexible and strict while maintaining the mindset of providing solutions as needed
- Ability to travel as necessary