We’re looking for a Food Safety & Quality Manager to play a critical role in the success of JUST Egg at our newly acquired Protein Manufacturing Center in Appleton, MN.
At JUST, we believe everyone deserves to eat well. We're searching faster and further, working with rural farmers, Michelin-starred chefs, and world-class product developers to find tools in the plant kingdom that will make our food tastier and healthier.
As the Food Safety and Quality Manager you will be a key member of the Management Team at our Appleton, MN operation. You will be responsible for providing direction and the implementation of all necessary food safety and quality programs to ensure the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance of JUST Protein Manufacturing. You must demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to act collaboratively and proactively while being consistently engaged to find solutions that bring forth new ideas to achieve JUST objectives.
- Lead plant quality programs, processes and systems to ensure performance meets or exceeds regulatory, company and customer expectations
- Assure alignment of factory program with JUST corporate quality guidance and objectives.
- Oversee the development, implementation, maintenance and review of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals/plan and the JUST manufacturing expectations; manage and implement FSMA-compliant food safety and quality systems
- Work closely with all departments and levels throughout the organization to ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage food safety and quality incidents and non-conformances at the site while working closely with all departments cross-functionally to collaboratively identify, root-cause and solve quality opportunities and aid in developing processes to prevent recurrence in coordination with the corporate headquarters
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in all food safety systems; analyze quality data and performance, including SPC, to provide information and insight on business improvement opportunities
- Responsible for site product release and approval of all product, raw materials, packaging and process specifications, quality food safety risk assessments and change management
- Develop, train, and lead factory staff to deliver on food safety & quality initiatives
- Lead internal and external 3rd-party food safety and quality audits
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers, vendors and support on-site and off-site audits as needed
- Lead microbiological control and improvement programs
- Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned
- Manage Master Sanitation Schedule and Pest Control compliance
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Quality, Food Science, Microbiology or Science-related field
- Must be an SQF Certified Practitioner with 3 + year’s SQF quality experience or have equivalent experience with another GFSI standard
- Previous team leadership & GFSI standard implementation experience
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills
- Preventive Control Qualified Individual and Better Process Control training strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of food microbiology, product sampling plans and environmental monitoring programs as well as US FDA FSMA regulations, one or more GFSI schemes, and GMPs
Additional Information & Requirements
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- JUST participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.