In this leadership role you will be responsible for continuously building and improving the strategies used to develop a world-class regulatory department and team.
• Develop and implement regulatory strategies and policies in collaboration with other departments and functions including Quality, Legal, Manufacturing, Operations, and R&D
• Lead a multidisciplinary global Scientific and Regulatory Affairs team and develop team members by mentoring, frequently aligning on strategy and promoting ongoing training and development
• Serve as subject matter expert for domestic and international regulations
• Responsible for establishing the long term global strategy for product and label compliance
• Establish and maintain policies and procedures to ensure Just, Inc. is in compliance with every level of regulatory authority (Foreign & Domestic) and relevant identity preservation certification bodies.
• Develop the regulatory management system and long-term strategy and ensure it aligns with Just, Inc. business needs
• Stay current and informed on all relevant regulatory and legislative changes to communicate to the applicable cross-functional teams (i.e. FSMA, nutrition facts panel, label claims, import/export, etc.)
• Communicate with government agencies (foreign & domestic) and legal counsel, as applicable
• Manage regulatory and contribute to legal communications as well as filings to government agencies (Foreign and Domestic)
• Communicate regulatory decisions and recommendations effectively with applicable internal and external partners
• Develop and maintain system to track decision-making tools, communication materials, specifications, guidance materials and corrective/preventive actions as they relate to regulatory affairs.
• Communicate regulatory hurdles, modifications, issues and develop the system to moderate and keep ahead of impending regulatory challenges
• 4 year college degree and/or Masters degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Biology, Chemistry or a related technical field
• 8+ years of progressive food regulatory and management experience
• Ability to develop, implement and manage global regulatory and quality systems
• Work and act ethically in all aspects of regulatory compliance
• Self-starter with the ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment
• Expert in regulatory compliance systems and methodologies
• Experience communicating directly with government agencies with focus on novel foods
• Experience working with various supply chain partners (i.e. internal teams, comanufacturers, ingredients suppliers, etc.)
• Experience with GFSI, FDA, USDA, HACCP preferred
• Advanced experience in FSMA, labeling compliance, domestic and international regulations
• A problem solver with experience building and leading a multi-functional team
• Ability to work cross functionally and clearly communicate with all internal teams and external partners
• Highly organized and able to manage large amounts of data and prioritize multiple demands
• Proficient in MS Office and software as it applies to ingredients, labeling, etc.
• Ability to pass a standard background check